[cfe-dev] Clang cross-referenced source code

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Tue Mar 22 14:50:45 PDT 2011

I have been making progress using Clang as C and C++ parsers for
Synopsis (http://synopsis.fresco.org). While there is a lot that remains
to be implemented (both, in libclang, as well as Synopsis), quite a lot
of the functionality is already useful, so I'd like to send an update,
to encourage contributions.

To demonstrate some of the features, I have compiled an API
cross-reference for Clang itself: http://synopsis.fresco.org/clang/.

You can use the above to look up symbols, browse the code itself, look
for all the places that reference a particular symbol, etc.
This doesn't yet include inline documentation, because that isn't yet
fully implemented. Also, a number of details are missing (you may see
lots of "<unknown>" type specifiers, which means that libclang is
reporting "Unexposed" types.

As I said, any contribution to fill the wholes is more than welcome.
Perhaps some of the remaining work can be done as GSoC work ?

The above was produced with CLang and Synopsis trunk. Perhaps it would
be useful to set up regular automated builds so a current status of the
work would be accessible via http://clang.llvm.org/ ?

Thanks,
         Stefan