[cfe-dev] Clang for Windows and Boost

Edward Diener eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com
Fri Mar 18 08:52:19 PDT 2011

On 3/17/2011 10:30 PM, Óscar Fuentes wrote:

>>> "lacks *eh* support".
>>>
>>> eh = exception handling.
>>
>> Out of curiosity, what's the mingw exception model?
>
> Last time I checked, official MinGW was configured with setjump/longjump
> while other distributions used DWARF2. The latter offers better
> performance but fails to work when it has to unwind a stack frame that
> belongs to a Windows function (that's the case when you throw an
> exception from a callback.)

I am stilling searching for the answer whether or not clang, built with
MingW/MSYS under Windows, is currently a workable version under Windows
with the header files and libraries MingW and gcc supplies. Do you or
anybody know this ? Or should I still be waiting on future clang
development for this to become a reality ?