[cfe-dev] Clang for Windows and Boost

Edward Diener eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com
Thu Mar 17 16:55:26 PDT 2011

On 3/17/2011 7:35 PM, NAKAMURA Takumi wrote:
> Please note that mingw uses MSVCRT-compatible C headers and libstdc++.

So are you saying that clang can not work with those same header files
and libstdC++ ?

If that is the case then clang on Windows can not be run except if no
headers are required.

I was able to just test compilation code using clang as long as no
headers were involved. But that is a pretty limited use of clang under
Windows.

> FYI I have not tried building and testing boost.

Using gcc and MingW it is possible to use gcc under Windows with Boost
successfully. I tried dropping the output of the clang build, which I
did in a separate directory structure as clang recommends, into my mingW
structure on top of the gcc 4.5.2 files there and then build my Boost
library using the clang toolset in Boost, which is setup for clang in
Linux, but it did not work with many errors.