[cfe-dev] [OpenCL patch] support for __builtin_astype, __builtin_convert, __builtin_vec_step

Anton Lokhmotov Anton.Lokhmotov at arm.com
Thu Mar 17 10:09:24 PDT 2011

Hi Tanya,

Similar to Guy, I'm wondering what's the benefit of representing
as/convert_type() as nodes in the AST.  To me, they are just like other
built-in functions.  [Indeed, convert_type() implementations, especially for
different rounding and saturation modes, can be quite involved and
target-specific.]

If we add special support for as/convert_type() to Clang, don't we need to
add special support for all the other built-in functions as well?  (I hope
not, as we are very sensitive to the size of Clang.)

Best regards,
Anton.