[cfe-dev] windows testing - lit.py failure

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Tue Mar 15 18:27:46 PDT 2011

dawn at burble.org writes:

>> > @rem generate cmake makefiles
>> > cmake -G "NMake Makefiles" ..\llvm -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debug
>> >
>> > @rem build clang
>> > set MFLAGS=
>> > set MAKEFLAGS=
>> > nmake MAKEFLAGS=
>
> This all works great - no errors.
>

>> > @rem ---- this is new ----
>> >
>> > @rem build the test files
>> > set PATH=%ROOT%\..\shared\tools\python;%PATH%
>> > cmake --build . --config Debug --target check
>>
>> Python must be in the PATH before you generate the makefiles, that means
>> before the
>>
>> cmake -G "NMake Makefiles" ..\llvm -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debug
>>
>> (also replace `debug' by `Debug', just in case)
>
> That cmake command works just great.
> It's the 2nd cmake that fails in lit.

CMake just detects what's available. If Python is not found in the
system, it will simply display a line of text reporting that python was
not found and then proceeds to generate the makefiles. But as `nmake
clang-test' works I guess that python already is on the PATH when `cmake
-G ..' is executed.

As for the python exception thrown from lit.cfg, I suggest filing a bug
report (or, better, fixing the bug yourself ;-)

[snip]