[cfe-dev] best way to figure out the C++0x features supported by my current clang binary?

Jonathan Sauer jonathan.sauer at gmx.de
Fri Mar 11 12:24:10 PST 2011

Hello,

> When I run clang --version, I get the following:
> clang --version
> Apple clang version 2.0 (tags/Apple/clang-137) (based on LLVM 2.9svn)
> Target: x86_64-apple-darwin10
> Thread model: posix
>
> How can i get the official documentation (i.e features supported, bugs
> filed etc.) for this exact version of clang?

Well, judging from the SVN path given in the version info, the SVN revision is 126123. But
that does not directly tell you what features it supports, especially since clang's C++0x
implementation is quite in flux. So your best bet might be to use http://clang.llvm.org/docs/LanguageExtensions.html#checking_language_features

As for bugs, you could check LLVM's bugzilla with "clang" as the component and look for
bugs fixed until above revision. Or you could check SVN's commit log history for the same.

> Thanks!

HTH,
Jonathan