[cfe-dev] ccc-gcc-name equivalent to call as and ld directly

James Molloy James.Molloy at arm.com
Mon Jun 20 09:13:19 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'd be happy with that. I've also wanted the ability to bake in as and ld locations "GCC-style" at configure time for a while.

If it's not too much extra work, would you mind at all adding your patch (to look for $(TARGET)-as/ld directly) to the Unknown toolchain also?

So that in effect it would check $(TARGET)-as/ld and fallback to GCC as it does currently. Even better, fall back to $(TARGET)-gcc first?

I understand this is slightly beyond the initial scope of your patch, but it would really help baremetal cross-compilation targets.

James