[cfe-dev] ccc-gcc-name equivalent to call as and ld directly

Renato Golin renato.golin at arm.com
Mon Jun 20 06:57:47 PDT 2011

On 17 June 2011 15:05, Damjan Marion <damjan.marion at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder about possibility to introduce similar cmd line parameters (i.e. -ccc-gas-name and -ccc-ld-name ) to specify cross-assembler and cross-linker directly.
>
> This will also avoid need for having gcc in toolchain.

Hi Damjan,

I'm not sure, but I believe that if you call clang as
"arm-none-freebsd-clang" (via symlink), it'll set the target triple
automatically and should default to looking for "arm-none-freebsd-as"
and so on.

If it doesn't do that yet, it should. James might know more about it,
as he was fiddling with that recently.

Regarding the parameters, I don't object having them. It makes it
easier to build automated tests where you want to change the
assemblers and linkers at will.

cheers,
--renato