[cfe-dev] Clang AddIn for Visual Studio 2010

ishani harry.denholm at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 13:47:02 PDT 2011

Hi Francois,

Glad it might come in useful! Please feedback any problems or suggestions,
they will be warmly received.

Francois Pichet wrote:

> You mention that a IUnknown hack is required to parse a DirectX
> project. I suppose your hack is to add a "class IUnknown;" forward
> declaration at the beginning. You can use the clang option
> -fdelayed-template-parsing instead. The problem is that IUnknown is
> used in template code before it is defined.

Excellent, thanks for the heads up, will give it a try.

Francois Pichet wrote:

> As for clang not be able to parse the MFC/ATL projects. Just to let
> you know I am working on this problem now. At the pace I am going, I
> estimate we are 2-3 months away from that goal.

If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. Next on my list is to
develop out those bug-fixes mentioned in the readme and post them in as
patch contributions... would be good to have Clang interop with the MSVC
linker out-of-the-box with some more complex Win32 apps.

-h