[cfe-dev] Clang AddIn for Visual Studio 2010

ishani harry.denholm at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 12:17:19 PDT 2011

Hello all,

For anyone hacking with Clang on Windows alongside the MSVC toolchain (like
me!), I've put together a 'compiler bridge' that will let you build
executables from inside Visual Studio using Clang as a drop-in replacement
for the MSVC compiler.

It emulates (most of) the VS build pipeline and translates VC project
settings into arguments that Clang understands. Still early days, but so far
it can compile a modest range of test projects successfully (including some
DirectX bits and pieces). I've also added entries to the code window context
menu for doing static analysis on single files. Works a treat.

Source and built executables are available on GitHub:
https://github.com/ishani/ClangVSx https://github.com/ishani/ClangVSx

As the readme states, there are a few things you might need to patch in
Clang (has links to bug #s) to get Win32 apps building cleanly. Your mileage
will vary!

-h