[cfe-dev] llvm-assembly file

Reddy G, Vinitha vreddyg at qualcomm.com
Thu Jun 16 22:38:52 PDT 2011

What is the .s file in context of llvm? Is it the assembly file with respect to llvm? Is it different from the normal .asm file?
And how to we convert a normal .asm assembly file to .o using llvm? Llvm-as is for the llvm .s file right?
When I try to compile a simple assembly file using llvm-as it says expected top level entity..and llvm-mc throws syntax errors..

Vinitha