[cfe-dev] clang ignoring global function declaration depending on include/declaration order

Titus von Boxberg titus at v9g.de
Sat Jun 11 04:21:49 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm new to clang:
I started to use clang/llvm 2.9 built from macports on a SL mac.

I encountered the following bug:

clang++ ignores a global function declaration.
Whether the issue occurs is depending on the order of include files.

The software compiles fine with g++ 4.5.1
I also compared the clang preprocessor outputs of the file
for the working and the faulty case. The only differences I can see
are the declaration order and line numbers of includes.
The ignored global function is declared in both clang preprocessor outputs.

Is this bug already known?

How can I provide additional information or maybe even analyze this bug?

Thanks
Regards

Titus