[cfe-dev] Process in UncheckedReturn

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Wed Jun 1 11:11:04 PDT 2011

On May 30, 2011, at 10:48 PM, 章磊 wrote:

> Soon i found i was wrong in step 1, i should not use any structure in checker to record path-sensitive states. So i need other ways to handle this:
> It seems ok that only to update LocalPathMap when end path(so we can record in GRState until the path analysis finished), but how should we take care of the dead symbols? Maybe i could keep that dead symbols instead of removing them?
> Keep the <CE, CheckedReturnState> in GRState, so we get it over. But how to effectively keep these information.

Hi Lei,

Besides aggregating statistics in checkEndPath, another option is to also doing this in checkDeadSymbols.  You then don't need to worry about symbols that have been removed from GRState by the time you reach checkEndPath, since you've already done the aggregation.  Of course this influences your counting, but in all fairness we aren't enumerating all paths explicitly anyway, so your counts are directly influenced by how we explore paths, which paths are explored, and how paths are coalesced.

Ted