[cfe-dev] cling

Alexei Svitkine alexei.svitkine at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 19:20:35 PDT 2011

FWIW, that works in ccons:

>>> double zero = 0.000000e+00;
>>> zero;
=> (double) 0.000000

One of my design goals in ccons was to be very faithful to C. For
example, for most things you need to use exact C syntax (e.g. needing
semicolons and such - something I believe cling isn't so strict
about). Even to exit the program, you just call exit(0); ;)

I think some of the early work in cling was based in some ways on
ccons, though now I see that it looks like most of it has been
refactored and rewritten - I could only find one file in cling that is
credited to my ccons code.

As a successor to my ccons prototype, the only thing I'd like to see
in cling is to have a mode that is strict and faithful to C (and
another to C++), without any CINT extensions.

-Alexei