[cfe-dev] mark variables and functions to later get their address?

ret val retval386 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 17:14:32 PDT 2011

As a plugin I used the ASTConsumer and RecusiveASTVisitor class to find
"interesting" variables and functions. Ultimately I want the address of
these either in the object file or resulting elf.

>From the IRC channel it sounds like this is currently impossible, if not Id
love to hear how I could do this.

Now I would like to know what exactly would need to be edited so while in
the AST so I could "flag" these interesting things(metadata), so when the
codegen routines runs I could add something(like a comment maybe). Can
anyone give me a hand with how to begin? After browsing these files for
awhile now I'm not even sure what the key functions would be.

Thank you