[cfe-dev] ARC and refcount semantics attributes

George King gwk.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 09:26:12 PDT 2011

> Incorrect spelling aside, this is easy for you to check:
My mistake - typing code questions on a phone is error-prone!

> I'm not sure what you mean by 'where autorelease pools are not practical'.  ARC requires autorelease pools to work...
In fact I had missed a documentation detail. I am passing objects between threads using performSelector:onThread:withObject:waitUntilDone: and did not see that the argument is retained until after the target thread performs the selector. I was concerned that the caller's run loop pool would drain before the target thread got the message. Sorry for the noise, and thanks for the detailed explanation - it was very informative!