[cfe-dev] C++ memory analysis

Arthur Langereis puurtuur at me.com
Wed Jul 6 03:42:14 PDT 2011

> On Jul 5, 2011, at 22:33 PM, Chris Lattner wrote:
>
> We even support the new ARC Objective-C feature in all modes as well, meaning that folks can write code in Objective-ARC++'0x if they so choose.
>
> -Chris

Objarcox, I choose you!

Specifically, I'm trying out the analyzer and 0xB features and it was mentioned that all the analyzer notes now work in C++ mode as well and many do, but not memory management issues it seems.

Code like:

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
    int *x = new int;
    *x = 5;    // suppress dead store / not initialized warnings
    return 0;
}

yields no warnings from the analyzer. Same result with member vars, etc, Is this just a bridge too far (for now)?

Best, Arthur