[cfe-dev] Cannot run Clang Analyzer

bigeric144 bigeric144 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 11:20:36 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I am new to the development side of Clang, I have built from source and am
trying to run the static analyzer on the test files included in the clang
source. I'm using the arguments within each test file but I am not able to
get anything specific to work.
Example: I run the following command
 clang -cc1 -analyze -analyzer-checker=core,core.experimental.CastToStruct

And get this error in return:
Argument unused during compilation: '-analyze'
Argument unused during compilation: '-analyze-checker'

It appears to me that the checkers are not being ran at all. Any advice on
how to rectify this problem? Thank you for your time!

Eric