[cfe-dev] libc++ for Windows

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Fri Jan 28 09:19:49 PST 2011

Ruben Van Boxem <vanboxem.ruben at gmail.com>
writes:

> Is it feasible/ok for libc++ to only support vista+? It seems kind of
> logical, as that would allow focus on more important windows things
> and when libc++ is production ready on Windows, xp will be phases out
> imho...

You are being very pessimistic about libc++ development pace and very
optimistic about OS replacement rate ;-)

If previous experience is worth anything, we can bet that on 2015 will
be millions of machines running XP, both for personal use on developing
countries and on business-related roles everywhere.

[snip]