[cfe-dev] Objective-C headers code in Linux

David Chisnall csdavec at swan.ac.uk
Sun Jan 9 04:56:11 PST 2011

On 9 Jan 2011, at 11:47, cheer_xiao wrote:

> I run Ubuntu 10.04 on my laptop. I have tried installing packages
> gobjc-4.4 and libobjc2, hoping to get headers from it, but that
> doesn't seem to work at all.

That's because the Ubuntu packages for libobjc (which is really GCC libobjc 3) don't install the headers anywhere sensible.  They are installed, but in a stupid place.

The best way of compiling Objective-C code under Linux is to use GNUstep Make (should be in packages for Ubuntu), which handles all of this for you.

If you want to use the non-fragile ABI and declared properties then you will need to either use the GNUstep Objective-C runtime or link against a recent version of the GNUstep-base (Foundation) library.

David

--
This email complies with ISO 3103