[cfe-dev] DWARF2_FRAME_REG_OUT

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Tue Feb 8 13:02:08 PST 2011

Hi Chris,

> I have no idea what this random hunk of gcc code does, but target specific dwarf register numbers are handled by the backend, not the frontend.  If you're seeing a specific bug, it is best to file it.
There is one specific place, where llvm-gcc uses some bits of the gcc
backend. This is the lowering of dwarf_reg_sizes gcc builtin -
basically the result is an array indexed by a dwarf register number
and containing the size of the corresponding registers. llvm-gcc
handles the lowering in a hacky way: it initializes gcc backend and
queries for register sizes. Though, given the mapping, it doesn't
matter whether the hack is applied or not :)

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov