[cfe-dev] new -Wuninitialized implementation in Clang

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Sat Feb 5 06:31:59 PST 2011

On 4 Feb 2011, at 19:54, Jeffrey Yasskin wrote:

> False about the people's tolerance level on false positives. When
> there are too many of them, people simply ignore all of them.

I totally agree with that. Our approach to software quality is through comprehensive test cases which are run through valgrind on a regular basis. And I would hate a bunch of false positives to distract my attention every time I compile, knowing how much more reliable valgrind will be at catching those uninitialised variables.

Luc Bourhis