[cfe-dev] [REVIEW] UTF-8 in identifiers proof of concept

Sean Hunt scshunt at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Sat Dec 31 19:11:03 PST 2011

Hey folks,

Attached is a proof of concept for the handling of UTF-8 in
identifiers. Aside from the terrible isIdentifierBody function, which
should be optimized where possible (possibly into a lookup table for
the BMP, since that would be 8kb, and using the simple bitwise
operation in there for other planes), I think the approach is the
correct one. Given that this is sensitive code, however, I would like
to ensure no one has any issues with this approach before I convert
more of the lexer code over.

Sean