[cfe-dev] LLVM+Clang as shared libraries?

Alan Garny agarny at hellix.com
Sat Dec 17 11:09:46 PST 2011

Hi,

I posted a message on LLVM-dev
(http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2011-December/046319.html), but
I have just noticed this mailing list which I believe might be more suitable
since my 'issue' is related to Clang and not LLVM as such.

Basically, I would like to build LLVM and Clang as shared libraries (so I
can easily distribute them with my application) with the view of being able
to generate some LLVM assembly from some (relatively simple, well formatted
and maths related) C code. Then, execute that LLVM assembly using LLVM's
JIT. In fact, who knows, it could be that using Clang is an overkill for
what I am after? I don't know, I am still learning my way around LLVM (and
now Clang).

So, any help would be most welcome.

Cheers, Alan.