[cfe-dev] main functions of clang

eyasu getahun eya.get at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 02:40:02 PST 2011

 Hello All,

Clang has a number of classes and functions inside its implementation. Most
of the time it makes me to be confused to identify the interconnection
among classes and functions. Because many functions may be called from
different header files. The main thing what i want to know is about main
methods of clang. I have seen 4 main functions in clang. But it is
difficult for me to identify in which main methods are other functions
called. To make it clear let me talk about one class(example
StmtPrinter.cpp class). This class prints back source code from AST.  Under
this class their are two functions i.e PrintPretty(..) and DumpPretty(..).
Suppose I want to use printPretty(..) and it is called at different
functions.  Where is the main method of clang that calls this function to
print the source code? Can someone tell me how it works. I tried to greped
out on command line but failed to get the main method that calls this
function. Even I want to know the command to use this function.

Sorry, it might be silly question, but I failed to get it out. Thanks in
advance for your help!.
**