[cfe-dev] libc++ and Mac OS X Lion

Christopher Jefferson chris at bubblescope.net
Tue Aug 30 05:14:21 PDT 2011

I installed libc++ from libcxx.llvm.org a long time ago, using the advised install method. This involved:

sudo ln -sf path-to-libcxx/include v1

Note that when you update to Lion, and the latest xcode, libc++ is now installed, removing this symlink. It took me a while to figure out why updating and changing my svn libc++ checkout wasn't having any effect.

Out of interest, if I want to maintain two copies of libc++ (svn, and the one installed by xcode), is there any easy way (command line option?) to switch between them?

Chris