[cfe-dev] Support for MS keyword __ptr32.

Chris Cudmore christopher_cudmore at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 24 16:48:48 PDT 2011

Hello Clang, Doug, Find attached a patch that adds support for MS keyword __ptr32, please can you review. This is my first patch and I did create it using svn diff on a Windows system, is it correctly formatted please (CRLF etc)?This patch resolves problems parsing windows.h where BaseTsd.h includes a macro that defines POINTER_32. This is on a Win 7 x64 VS 2010 platform using the following command line (supplied by Francois Pichet who has done outstanding work on Windows support to date);  "clang -cc1 -v -fcxx-exceptions -fdelayed-template-parsing -fms-extensions -std=c++0x -I "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Include" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include" -Wno-invalid-token-paste -D_MSC_VER=1600 -nobuiltininc -DSECURITY_WIN32 -DWIN32 -DWSMAN_API_VERSION_1_0 -w -D_MSC_FULL_VER=160040219 -D_MSC_EXTENSIONS -D_NATIVE_NULLPTR_SUPPORTED -D_MT -D_DLL -fsyntax-only -fno-operator-names test.cpp
"
Would like to work on continued support for Windows but am unsure what is realistically achievable and where to start? Also, from Apple's perspective, what are you looking for with regard to Windows Interop?I guess my ideal endpoint would be full code generation using just Windows headers and libraries providing the option to replace the Windows compiler and linker thereby getting all the cool features that are constantly being added to clang, especially static analysis. Understand that there are issues linking primarily with name manglling, any work going on here? Then larger issues with loadable modules not being supported (this one I do not understand too well therefore have no idea if this can be resolved?) Cheers,Chris