[cfe-dev] Try out LLVM: no C++0x & crash

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 10:40:10 PDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Matthieu Monrocq <
matthieu.monrocq at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/8/24 Tanya Lattner <lattner at apple.com>
>>
>> On Aug 24, 2011, at 8:18 AM, David Blaikie wrote:
>>
>> Which could explain why my colored clang diagnostic change never worked
>>> for her, if clang didn't have colored diagnostic support back in 2.7 (I
>>> don't know which revision that was - could someone confirm whether that's
>>> true? I'll poke around in ViewVC to see if I can make sense of it, though)
>>>

>> Yep. That seems to explain it - clang didn't respect forcibly turning
>> colored diagnostics on in the absence of terminal colors until relatively
>> recently:
>> https://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/cfe/trunk/lib/Driver/Tools.cpp?revision=114638&view=markup
>>

>> Yes, this is the problem. I had a symlink (used by the script) to the
>> clang release that I apparently didn't update.

Thanks - looks great. (side note to anyone who's interested: copy/pasting
from the website in IE & FF doesn't keep the coloring, unfortunately (I
believe it's because it's in CSS & these browsers don't bother to go &
gather the CSS & inline it into the copied snippet) - but Chrome does the
right thing. So if you want to put colored output in webpages, emails, etc -
copy/paste from the demo while using Chrome!)

Thanks for the help, Tanya.

I confirm it is now working correctly (as much as it can work in C++03).

I'll see if I can send out a CR to add C++11 support to the website tonight
- though it'll require deploying libc++ to the demo server for any library
usage, of course.

- David