[cfe-dev] Try out LLVM: no C++0x & crash

Mulder, Jonathan mulderje at muohio.edu
Wed Aug 24 08:42:29 PDT 2011

If you pop the below into the demo you can see that it's between 2.7 and 2.8
before r102686, so it's probably 2.7.

#include <stdio.h>

> int main() {
> #ifdef __clang_version__
>   printf("%s\n", __clang_version__);
> #endif
>   return 0;
> }

You know this because __clang_version__ was defined in
r102686<http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project?view=rev&revision=102686>
.

FYI, on my machine that code spits out "3.0 (trunk 137973)".

Thanks,
Jon

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 10:18 AM, David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Which could explain why my colored clang diagnostic change never worked for
>> her, if clang didn't have colored diagnostic support back in 2.7 (I don't
>> know which revision that was - could someone confirm whether that's true?
>> I'll poke around in ViewVC to see if I can make sense of it, though)
>>

> Yep. That seems to explain it - clang didn't respect forcibly turning
> colored diagnostics on in the absence of terminal colors until relatively
> recently:
> https://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/cfe/trunk/lib/Driver/Tools.cpp?revision=114638&view=markup

Jon Mulder
C 847.899.3664