[cfe-dev] question about clang & generated debug info

Simon simonhf at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 21:31:13 PDT 2011

I am trying to find a tool that will parse and tell me information about a C
source file in a verbose manner which I can digest and use in a script I am
writing. The closest I have come so far using gcc to generate debug info and
then extract the debug info and parse that. However, what I'd prefer is a
tool which lets me get at similar debug info (although obviously not memory
offsets etc) *without* having to compile the C source code into object
files. I know that clang has been re-written from scratch to be a lot more
flexible than gcc. Does anybody in this list know how I could use clang (or
another tool) to obtain such debug info without compiling all the way?
Thanks, Simon