[cfe-dev] -ferror-limit omits part of last error message

Nikola Smiljanic popizdeh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 03:14:16 PDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 8:26 PM, David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Like this? (patch attached, no test cases yet) - I don't know if I
> should be doing something better than SetDelayedDiagnostic now that we
> don't really need to delay it at all.

 Your patch does the trick (the question about SetDelayedDiagnostic still
remains). Here are the test cases:

The first one checks if both error and note are emitted before the fatal
error, and that nothing is emitted afterwards
The second one checks that multiple notes are emitted correctly before the
fatal error, and that nothing is emitted afterwards

Should I include one more that checks that no fatal error is emitted when
the limit is 1 and there is only one error?

There is also a piece of code that allows notes to be attached to the fatal
error. I wanted to write a test for this but I'm not sure that this is used
anywhere (the only fatal error I can see is fatal_too_many_errors and there
are no notes being attached)?