[cfe-dev] proposal: every warning should have a -W flag

Miles Bader miles at gnu.org
Wed Aug 10 21:25:50 PDT 2011

Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg at britannica.bec.de> writes:
> Yes, please. I would also like to see semantic compatibility with GCC as
> much as possible, as in the same suspicious behavior can be checked for
> with the same flag or the check disabled.

Yes please!

Clang's gcc-compatibility [both for source and invocation] is absolutely
brilliant for users, and it's done a great job of it so far.  But of
course for every new feature added, there's potential for divergence,
and it would be nice to at keep that in check as much as possible...

Is there some established mechanism for coordinating interface changes
with gcc where it would make sense?

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Custard, n. A vile concoction produced by a malevolent conspiracy of the hen,
the cow, and the cook.