[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] A problem from XCode 4 - help sought tracking it down

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Thu Apr 21 08:11:33 PDT 2011

Matt,

This is definitely an issue with Clang's integration in Xcode.  This isn't the right list for such discussions (cfe-dev is more appropriate).

Whether you are on the right track or not depends on the *full* stack trace (and where the failure is occurring).  clang_visitChildren() represents an AST walk by the IDE, but the specific problem is usually in the last couple of stack frames.

If you could submit a project via bugreporter.apple.com that reproduces the issue that would be awesome.  That's the appropriate place since this concerns iOS code (although it doesn't really look specific to iOS, and probably has more to do with templates and blocks).

Ted