[cfe-dev] MinGW header search paths (InitHeaderSearch.cpp)

Ruben Van Boxem vanboxem.ruben at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 08:07:03 PDT 2011

I noticed a big blob of ugly code in InitHeaderSearch.cpp, especially when
MinGW is involved. Aside from its atrocity, it assumes that MinGW is
installed in c:\..., which is not true for my system (and may not be true
for others as well).

I would propose to change this hackery to a single (set of) path(s) deduced
from the location of the gcc executable used to link the Clang generated
object files together.

Two things are required for this to work:
1. Clang needs to be able to locate the gcc executable (from PATH),
including version and target info (for step 2)
2. Relative paths need to be generated from that location.

Is this a sensible way of solving the problem?

Ruben