[cfe-dev] Linking errors on combining Clang compiler and Visual Studio 2010 linker

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Mon Apr 18 21:02:19 PDT 2011

On 4/18/11 5:57 PM, Francois Pichet wrote:
> 2011/4/16 Агафонов Александр <agalexl at mail.ru>:
>> Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
>>

> It is not a bug and you are not doing anything wrong. More like
> unimplemented features.
> It is just that clang cannot use the MSVC C++ runtime libs yet because
> of C++ name mangling issues.
It's worse than that. Almost the entire ABI is unimplemented. Even if we
fixed the name mangling issues (which is easy, and already started in
Clang), we still have to make sure that method calls, class layouts,
etc. are compatible with MSVC. Luckily for you, I'm planning to fix that
this summer (for my GSoC project).

Chip