[cfe-dev] clang compilation failing with latest update

Francois Pichet pichet2000 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 16:43:33 PDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Gaurav Mittal <gaurav at binachip.com> wrote:
> I checked out a new version of clang this morning and it's failing
> compilation with VC++ 2008. I'm seeing a complaint regarding an unknown
> command line option:
> -gen-clang-diags-index-name
>
> I'm also seeing an explosion of warnings due to the DIAG macro. Both issues
> are occurring in tblgen. Is somebody else seeing this? Does someone have a
> solution?

I just did a build with MSVC 2008 and it works.

I am seeing this warning flood:
C:\dev\llvm\llvm_trunk_2008\include\llvm/ADT/StringMap.h(265) :
warning C4181: qualifier applied to reference type; ignored
 C:\dev\llvm\llvm_trunk_2008\include\llvm/MC/MCContext.h(59) : see
reference to class template instantiation
'llvm::StringMap<ValueTy,AllocatorTy>' being compiled

But not the issues you mention.
Make sure you update the llvm and clang svn. They are  2 differents
svn repositories that you must get the latest.