[cfe-dev] LLVM/Clang and getting rid of the system linker (GNU ld or MSVC link.exe)

Dallman, John john.dallman at siemens.com
Mon Apr 18 01:51:10 PDT 2011

> I would not call depending on the system linker a problem. The system
> linker saves us from worrying about the nitty gritty details of how
> the system works.

It also means that you can build shared libraries/DLLs with Clang and
they can be linked into programs built with the system's standard
toolchain, and vice-versa. This is going to be crucial to my potential
adoption of Clang: I supply software components, not applications, and
not all of my customers will be able to switch to Clang at the same time
as me.

best,

--
John Dallman