[cfe-dev] ExceptionDemo build failed

Garrison Venn gvenn.cfe.dev at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 05:55:09 PDT 2011

In debugging this issue, I ran across a Linux configuration where the demo
associated to your previous build failure, fails to run. As this configuration uses
a small amazon's ec2 instance, and takes a very long time to build, I'm going to
have to build another system. In meantime would you be willing to the run the
test and see if there is a failure on your system? If you don't have time, no worries,
as it looks like I have to build another test platform anyway. However if you do
have time you would run this with:

<release type>/examples/ExceptionDemo 2 3 7 -1

at the top of the llvm object root where <release type> == 	Release+Asserts, or Debug for example.

I'm just looking to see if it crashes with:

Stack dump:
0.	Running pass 'X86 DAG->DAG Instruction Selection' on function '@outerCatchFunct'
Segmentation fault

Garrison

PS: I have a feeling this is some sort of default bit width issue, but I have not had a chance
to look into it yet.