[cfe-dev] Status of various C++0x features in Clang

Jonathan Sauer jonathan.sauer at gmx.de
Tue Apr 12 03:51:19 PDT 2011

>> I have been looking over the various features on the C++0x page and I
>> was wondering if the list was of unimplemented items was up to date.
>> There are several items I might be able to do since I have a bit of
>> "downtime" at the moment.
>
> On the current page (http://clang.llvm.org/cxx_status.html) you can read :
>
> Last updated: $Date: 2011-04-03 09:12:46 -0500 (Sun, 03 Apr 2011) $
>
> Last-week up-to-date.

Well yes, but in the past C++0x features have been implemented in clang
without updating the status page. And there's no guarantee that the page
is accurately reflecting clang's C++0x status now (even though it's closer
than a few weeks back). Incidentally, "local classes as template parameters"
seems to have been at least partially implemented, going from the fact that
it is possible in some cases (and not possible in others, i.e. clang crash[*]).

So Carter: I think the best would be to discuss the features you want to
implement here; others might point out which parts (or even all) have
already been done.

In any case, it is great to see further improvements on the C++0x front :-)

Jonathan

[*] I'm still working on a test case