[cfe-dev] Query regarding MinimalAction class not found in scope for clang 2.8

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 13:52:58 PDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 2:30 AM, Vivek Kulkarni <viveksck at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi All,
>> I am trying to get clang working for parsing AS and trying this Tutorial
>> here.http://amnoid.de/tmp/clangtut/tut.html
>>
>> IdentifierTable tab(context.opts);
>>
>> MinimalAction action(tab);
>> Parser p(context.pp, action);
>> p.ParseTranslationUnit();
>>
>> I am unable to find class MinimalAction in clang 2.8. Has this been
>> deprecated. Is there a replacement provided for this class ?

MinimalAction was taken out because the rigid separation between
Parser and Sema was causing code to be more complicated than it needed
to be, and it didn't seem very useful in practice.  What are you
trying to do?

On a side note, although the concepts are probably still mostly
accurate, I wouldn't trust any sample code that's over two years old;
clang has changed a lot since then.

-Eli