[cfe-dev] index-test

dawn at burble.org dawn at burble.org
Wed Sep 29 17:46:23 PDT 2010

http://clang.llvm.org/docs/libIndex.html describes how to use tool
index-test, but this tools was apparently removed according to an ealier
post (yet no one updated the doc!  doh!).

I found c-index-test which has similar functionality but takes different
arguments.  I would like to be able to study this tool to see how the
CIndex API works, so would love it if someone could document how to use
c-index-test.  I can only figure out how to do simple things from the
usage.  For example, I created a pch from a source file with -write-pch
but have no idea what it's good for.  Is this the "PCH preamble"
discussed in a resply to my previous email?

   $/home/dawn/dev/llvm/Debug+Asserts/bin/c-index-test -write-pch /tmp/x.pch /tmp/x.c

Now what?  I want to use /tmp/x.pch instead of /tmp/x.c.
Ultimate goal - to create and use a PCH preamble with code completion to see how it works.

Thanks,
-Dawn