[cfe-dev] Issue #1 from RTEMS run of clang-analyzer

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Wed Sep 29 10:02:35 PDT 2010

On Sep 24, 2010, at 3:58 PM, Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com> wrote:

> Maybe I was lucky but it worked for what we call "cpukit" which is multilib'ed.  It does
> not use the -B option.
>
> If given a little guidance, I am willing to take a stab at getting it to work for RTEMS.
> I just need some very direct pointers.  It sounds like I would be responsible for:
>
> + Adding -B support
> + Whatever the target triple support is.  I am betting that when I know the list
> of what is required, I can write a script/C program to probe and generate the
> entire set

You will need to take the lead on these, particularly the target triple support (which defines the architectural specific of your platform), but I think others on the list can give you plenty of guidance.  My advice is to take the analyzer itself out of the equation, and just focus on what you would need to get the source through the clang frontend (then revisit the analyzer).  There's enough traffic on this list that not everyone pays attention to static analyzer issues.  For example, I'd recommend splitting off discussion of -B on another thread, and just focus on that issue out of the context of the static analyzer (e.g., a thread "How to implement '-B' preprocessor option in Clang").  As I mentioned in my other email, I think that issue in particular is largely a driver issue.