[cfe-dev] Toolset for clang in Windows under Boost

Francois Pichet pichet2000 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 14:16:12 PDT 2010

yes see: http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html

> Is there any functional difference between clang on Windows and clang on
> Linux/MacOS ? What would it take to provide a toolset for clang on
> Windows that can compile Boost libraries ?

clang can compile boost.  On windows, it should theoretically work but
you may need to tweak the compiler command line options to make it
work. For example, if you compile clang with VS, clang will search the
msvc include directories to find #include path. But clang cannot
currently parse the msvc header files.

If you want to build boost on Windows using clang, I suggest you build
clang using MinGW.