[cfe-dev] Running clang tests under Windows

Francois Pichet pichet2000 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 04:23:18 PDT 2010

Hi..

If you want to run the tests from VS8 use the project "clang-test".
Right-click on it and select "Build", wait a little bit and you should
see something like that:

1>------ Build started: Project: clang-test, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Running Clang regression tests
1>-- Testing: 2541 tests, 4 threads --
1>Testing Time: 75.77s
1>  Expected Passes    : 2510
1>  Expected Failures  : 28
1>  Unsupported Tests  : 3
1>lit.py: lit.cfg:129: note: using clang:
'D:/Dev/llvm/llvm_trunk/bin/Release\\clang.EXE'
1>Build log was saved at
"file://d:\Dev\llvm\llvm_trunk\tools\clang\test\clang-test.dir\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>clang-test - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 67 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

The project clang-c++tests doesn't seem to work.. I don't know exactly
why. I'll look into it when I have time.
But anyway you don't need to know about CMake to run the test.