[cfe-dev] clang++ and Lambda expressions

Nicola Gigante nicola.gigante at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 03:25:44 PDT 2010

Hello.

What are the plans to support the lambda expression c++0x feature in clang? It's notable that VC2010 adds
production-ready support for them.
I'm trying to understand what would be needed to implement the new feature. From my understanding, it will be
simpler than the implementation of the blocks extension, since a lambda expression simply declares and instantiate
a kind of functor class (have I understood correctly?)

If I'm correct, then the only two components affected by this new feature are AST and Sema, and no changes are
required to the lexer and the code generation stuff, right?

So what actually needs to be done to support lambda expressions?

Bye,
Nicola