[cfe-dev] scan-build failure

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Wed Sep 1 18:34:40 PDT 2010

Hi Michael,

>From the error diagnostics it appears that they are coming from Clang when httpconnection.c is compiled.  I know you said that GCC is being used as the compiler, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

BTW, are you doing a parallel build?  It appears that url.c is analyzed before httpconnection.c, so it is difficult to tell from the log what is going on.

FWIW, all ccc-analyzer does is directly forward the command line arguments to your compiler (e.g., gcc), and then calls clang with various analyzer comment line options.  If the analyzer fails, however, that shouldn't cause the build to fail.  The only reason that ccc-analyzer returns an error code is if the compiler it called returned an error code.

Have you tried building your project with Clang?  (not using scan-build).  I suspect that you'll see the same errors, and if so that will at least confirm that the build is failing because clang is being used for compilation.

Also, if clang is indeed being used to build your project, I'm not certain why scan-build is using clang to actually build your project unless...

  (a) the 'gcc' in your path is a symlink to clang

or

  (b) the environment variable CCC_CC is set to 'clang'