[cfe-dev] [CLang] First try

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Thu Oct 28 14:06:06 PDT 2010

Klaim <mjklaim at gmail.com> writes:

>> > 3. Then I switch to 32bit "normal" Visual Studio 2010 projects.
>> Everything
>> > compiled apparently correctly (wel done guys! :D ). I built directly the
>> > Release mode
>> >     Is the Release mode the final binary mode or is the small size mode
>> the
>> > final one?
>>
>> That is up to you to decide.
>>
> Yes but I meant : if a binary installer was produced for clang, wich
> version would be distributed? Both?

In theory, the currently selected build type when you execute the
INSTALL target. I've never installed LLVM from the MSVC IDE, though.

>> clang support for Windows is flaky at best. It is being improved,
>> though. clang support for C++0X is lacking wrt other compilers. This
>> creates problems when using VS2010 headers, which enable C++0X features
>> by default, and recent libstdc++ when you enable C++0X support on clang.
>
> Do you mean that activating C++0x automatically forces libstdc++ as std
> library?

By default, clang uses libstdc++ when compiled by g++. If you activate
C++0X in clang it will activate C++0X in libstdc++ too, and then clang
will fail on most cases because libstdc++ (in C++0X mode) uses features
not yet supported by clang.

[snip]