[cfe-dev] Fix for Clang PR 8426, 8427, & 8433

Zhanyong Wan (λx.x x) wan at google.com
Wed Oct 27 23:15:29 PDT 2010

Hi Ted,

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Ted Kremenek <kremenek at apple.com> wrote:
> Hi Zhanyong,
>
> Thanks for working on this.  I admit that I haven't had a chance to investigate those PRs myself.
>
> The changes look good, but I had two questions/comments.
>
> (1) Do we even want to be analyzing template definitions (as opposed to instantiations)?  It seems like we'd be doing a bunch of guess work.  It also seems like a performance issue if we analyze template code that is never used.

I agree that there's little point analyzing template definitions.  It
would be a quite invasive change to stop doing that though, so I'd
like to get this patch in before attempting that.

> (2) I'd prefer to keep the test cases in one file, for faster processing by 'make test'.  These can easily go into misc-ps-region-store.cpp.  Each test case just needs a comment indicating the PR.

Good point.  Done.

Please see the updated patch attached in this message.  It's also
viewable at  http://codereview.appspot.com/2716044/ as patch set 2.
Thanks,

--
Zhanyong