[cfe-dev] atomic intrinsics

Howard Hinnant hhinnant at apple.com
Mon Oct 18 13:47:33 PDT 2010

Fwiw, I've checked in the first bits of <atomic> rewritten to the Design A spec (it had these first bits targeted to Design C).  The only implemented parts so far are for the atomic_flag, and bool.

Notes:

1.  Every <atomic> test will now fail until the front end begins to implement the __atomic_ intrinsics.

2.  The partially implemented <atomic> header has dropped from 13,061 lines down to 2,866.  In both versions there is a 2,411 line comment at the top which is just the synopsis.

3.  I'm coding to ignore the decision that will be made concerning default arguments and intrinsics.  I.e. I'm explicitly supplying all arguments to the intrinsics.

If you would like a glance at what it is looking like, it is here:

http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/libcxx/trunk/include/atomic

-Howard