[cfe-dev] build clang failed under MSYS (windows)

asmwarrior asmwarrior at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 19:14:30 PDT 2010

On 2010-11-4 15:18, NAKAMURA Takumi wrote:
> Hello.
>
> 2010/11/4 asmwarrior<asmwarrior at gmail.com>:
>>   In-fact, I have tried to build in an dedicated directory, ( I have create a
>> separate directory  /e/clang_build/build )
>> and do the configure like:
>> ../llvm/configure
>> but it gives the same make command error.
> I doubt something would be insane to your environment.
>
>    - Make sure llvm's source tree is not dirty with garbage of in-place
> configure.
>    - Don't source directory and build directory contain space character
> or non-ascii character?
>      (It would be okay as far as your log)
>    - Is your msys sane?
>      With which (or type), check paths for sh, grep, sort, make, sed, and perl.
>      and confirm versions for toolchain.
>
> Please show us "config.log(.gz)" and "Makefile.config" if you did not
> find any problems.
> ...Takumi

   Hi, thanks for the hint.

It seems my msys system is ok. ( I have used it to build a windows
version of GDB some days ago). When trying to build clang, I have just
add the perl-msys package recently.

I just add the attachment (which contains the config.log and
Makefile.config  files. (these files was generated by in-place
configure, strange that I can't do the configure from other directory,
the configure command will compliant that "in-place" configure is
already used..... then just exit, I'm not sure how to clean the in-place
garbage of the in-place configure)

Hope it helps.

thanks.
asmwarrior